Spigt Dutch Caribbean provides transactional, litigation, and counseling services to leading players in the financial industry.
We assist our clients in various areas of financial law such as establishing, structuring and attaining permits for funds, including private investment funds, mutual funds, hedge funds, umbrella funds and real estate funds. We also advise on exit-strategies, whether by private sale or initial public offering. In case of reporting requirements and monitoring issues, we support our clients in setting up compliance systems and procedures.
In addition, we regularly advise local and international clients in dealing with complex financial transactions and the tax aspects thereof. Tax considerations often represent a central consideration in structuring hedge and other funds. Our tax lawyers, based on their years of experience, have worked on various international tax-planning strategies and transactions.
Spigt Dutch Caribbean has a wide experience in financial transactions and frequently provides legal opinions, concerning private equity, venture capital, investment and hedge funds, corporate and project finance, IPOs, private placements, (term loan) credit facility agreements, structured finance (collateralized debt obligations, credit-linked notes, note issuance programs, securitizations and acquisitions), security documentation, ship financing, aircraft financing, group finance companies and convertibles.
Financial transactions are mostly confidential in nature. Therefore, we will not mention our clients and cases by name. Examples of financial transactions in which we are frequently involved are:
- Drawing up documentation and providing legal opinions when leasing freight and passenger aircrafts with associated financing
- Drawing up documentation and providing legal opinions in connection with ship financing
- Setting up or transferring investment funds and advising investment institutions and administrators on regulatory law, drawing up prospectuses and, when possible requesting an exemption that falls under this regulatory law
- Advising on and preparing of (collateral) documentation for corporate financing
- Advising banks, insurance companies and non-banking institutions in various areas such as corporate law, establishment and foreclosure of security rights, insolvency law and all regulatory law
- Involvement in extensive international refinancing operations concerning (syndicates of) banks
- Advising and preparing financial documents for large hotel projects in the Dutch Caribbean (real estate financing)
- Advising on investments, investment products and capital market transactions, including ISDA transactions (International Swaps and Derivatives Association)
- Advising banks and insurance companies on the regulatory law and the resulting obligations in the field of compliance, risk management and corporate governance
We handle sophisticated and complex securities litigation including prospectus liability, class actions, fund administration and investment management disputes.